Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The bride wore white

I just bought my wedding dress!!!! Ohh can I tell you how incredibly excited I am!! But what is more exciting than the actual dress is the experience of buying a dress. So many styles to try on, beautiful lace, veils, hair accessories, you name it.

Staring into the mirror, looking at myself in what I was 99.9% sure was going to be what I walked down the isle in, I thought to myself, "Wow, this dress makes me look beautiful, like a real bride." As similar thoughts were streaming through my head, I began picking up on the music that was playing in the store. To my surprise it wasn't your typical "shopping experience music," but instead, it was worship. As the words continued to hit me, I began to sing.

So there I was. Standing in my wedding dress. Singing praises to my King. And that's when it hit me:
This is how Christ sees me on an every day basis.
Whether I am clean, dirty, make-up or no-make up. 
This is how Christ sees my heart. I am His bride. He has betrothed me to Himself.

"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride. You have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your neckless."
Song of Songs 4:9 

I am flawless in His sight. (Song of Songs 4:7)
I am the bride of Christ. (Revelation 19:7, 21:9)
I am holy, clean, and radiant, without stain, wrinkle, or blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
I am one with Christ. (Ephesians 5:31-32)
I am called by name, and I am His. (Isaiah 43:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment